November 12, 2012

Thankful Day 12

Today we took the kids to visit one of our favorite veterans Great Pop. With our crazy work schedule and football we have not been able to go visit for a while. The kids had so much fun running around. I think they scared some of the old folks and were medicine for a few others. It was a beautiful day to go visit Pop.
Today I am thankful for all the men and women past and present who have scarified so much for our country. When I first started teaching I remember teaching on the air force base and seeing so many parents have to deploy. It was heart wrenching. Grateful for the men and women who wear the uniform, but also for the families that they leave behind. I have a student this year who's dad is deployed for 6 months.  I can't even imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment