September 30, 2014

Poplar and Selk Road

Today we did our final walk to the road sign that has the family name.  I also got my final look at the farm. Walking the farm all I could think was how much my kids would love it. Okay, so Caden might panic when he hears there is no wifi, internet, and my Uncle has never owned a computer, but even he would love it. Emmeline would love all the treasures she could find in the basement and attic. Jackson, would just be in heaven. I can see him as a farmer. I can just picture the kids running in the grass and along the fields like we did. And I can only imagine their awe at spotting and catching their first lightening bug. I'm heartbroken to think it may be gone. I am leaving with a renewed mission and quest to see if there is some way we can hold on to the farm that my Great Grandfather ran and that his mother started.

No comments:

Post a Comment