September 28, 2014

Iowa Here I come

Today I am traveled by myself to Iowa. I am excited and heartbroken at the same time. I am going to miss my babies so much! I know they are in AMAZING hands, but I haven't left them for a few days in a long time and never during the school year. Little Miss Em was slightly nervous that Daddy wouldn't have the outfits ready or the schedule down, but I assured her all was good.
Well it turns out all my reassurance was for nothing because by the time I landed in Iowa the madness was in full force. Chris was stuck at home with two kids that were in need of having a bathroom nearby. Thankfully they didn't feel bad they just needed to not travel far. Talk about Mommy guilt.

This Mommy felt guilty but couldn't really do anything so I decided to make the most of it. I enjoyed a great afternoon in one of my favorite spots on the farm.

I love the old tree that by the farm house. I have fond memories of the old water pump that is right there and all the old chairs that the adults would sit in and shoot the breeze. It was weird being the adult in the chair and not the kid running around in the field. It was a great afternoon to sit under the tree and reflect on God's beauty on the farm and to do a little reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment