March 13, 2013

Motherhood

There are those moments in your life that you never forget and will forever change your life. I still remember the day I found out I was pregnant for the first time. I remember the excitement and nervousness of being responsible for a little baby. I remember the heartbreak of two miscarriages, but after the heartbreak I was blessed with 3 beautiful babies. I can close my eyes and remember every detail of the day they were born. It is the most AMAZING thing. In one look at them your world changes forever. This past weekend I was blessed to see one of my oldest friends from elementary school as a mommy. Her sweet baby girl is precious and it was even more precious to see my friend as a mom. She is a natural and looks amazing for having a 2 month old!
The motherhood moments didn't end. Yesterday morning I got a phone call from Tiffani that her sister Katie was having the baby. Funny story about the call, Tiffani calls the house line - which she never does and tells me she is on the way to the hospital and ready to push. Well Tiffani is also pregnant so I was in a full panic and it took me a minute to realize that it was Katie. Unbelievable that with baby #1 she came early. I was not expecting that phone call for another week - and neither was Tiffani. What a story they have!

Welcome to motherhood Jen and Katie. It is the most exciting, rewarding, hard, and exhausting clubs to join, but getting a snuggle from your baby and hearing yourself being called mommy is all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment