March 25, 2013

Graduation Day

Today was a special day for my Dad. He graduated from chemo. I have been an emotional mess all day and a huge mess writing this post.
It was so nice to be able go and see what my Dad has been dealing with the past 6 months. The nurses in the Oncology department are truly AMAZING. They are so knowledgeable,caring, funny, and kind. To do what they do every day I guess you need a sense of humor.
My favorite thing about today is that I was able to just sit and visit with my Dad. It seems with 3 kids and working that life moves so fast. There never seems time to just sit. It was nice to sit and just talk about anything and everything. I am do thankful that I got to spend today with my Dad. I am thankful for my amazing mom
for taking such good care of my Dad and all of his friends that have come out to visit him on treatment days. I heard my Dad is now a cribbage player. While we celebrate my Dad's graduation I have to admit I am a little heartbroken that he is graduating with a tumor still inside him. It is in God's hands now.
Happy Graduation Day, Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment