March 6, 2013

4 AM Wake Up Call

There is nothing like the dreaded phone call in the middle of the night. You wake up cringing and hoping it is a wrong number because nothing good can be coming from a phone call in the middle of the night. Early this morning in a fog I got the call from my Grandma's medic alert necklace. My Grandma had just gotten her system for Christmas and boy am I thankful. She was having extreme chest pain and was unable to get up. It was nice that my aunt and her were able to page the company and they then contacted 911 and us. It was pretty amazing how helpful it was. Grandma was transported and looks like she will be spending a few days at the hospital while they try and figure out a mass in her lung and manage her blood clot. The rush of adrenalin was enough to get me through the day but it is fading and I am embarrassingly going to admit that I am in bed at 7:45. Looking forward to a good nights sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment