June 5, 2014

Science Experiment

You would think by now I would know that silence with 3 kids is NEVER a good thing. I was busy making dinner and thought it was odd that Jackson needed to keep going to the bathroom. As I was going to the pantry I noticed the door was closed and I heard two little voices that made me wonder. As I opened the door I received the look of panic from the kids and a quick response that they were "just doing a science experiment." I quickly realized that this could not be good. It turns out that their "science experiment" was to see what toys they could flush down the toilet. Writing this post I am still in shock. The twins never played around or experimented with the toilet and now my 3 and almost 6 year old think this is a good idea??? After fishing out 3 toys and a picture the situation was out of my hands. A very long lecture and discussion about emptying piggy banks to call a plumber seemed to open their eyes to the situation. Luckily Daddy came home to help me with the toilet problem. Daddy worked his magic and retrieved a small pig. Thinking this had to be it, they asked if we got the train out yet? We went back to work with a wire coat hanger and amazingly Daddy worked his magic and retrieved a very large train. How it flushed and went down and up is unreal! Wow, these kids keep me on my toes and sure give me some gray hair, but I love them so.

No comments:

Post a Comment