June 28, 2014

Dr. Chris


Today we had a wonderful celebration of life for someone amazing. Growing up I was lucky enough to have Dr. Cammisa as my doctor. When I was little I was very sick and my parents being new parents were frustrated that they kept taking me to  doctors and would leave with no real answers until one day they met Dr. Cammisa. They put  me on this radical new diet and all my symptoms disappeared over time. Later in life I was blessed to have Dr. Chris in my life as family. My father in law said it best when he said Dr. Chris always gave 100%. He was always there for anyone and everyone. I still remember when the twins were born. It was the best day of your life and the scariest! The doctors came at us with so much information and so many decisions to make. It was scary and overwhelming. We didn't understand all the medical lingo and we just weren't sure what some of the best decisions were to make. We felt helpless, but we were blessed to know we weren't alone. Dr. Chris would come down and read the charts go over things or call and check with us and ask for updates. We could ask him to explain what was happening and ask his advice on what to do. He helped lift a weight off our shoulders and when the other doctors scared us about what the reality was and their chances were, he gave us hope. Even after the twins were discharged he was never bothered to receive a late night phone call from a nervous mother of twins who were just released from the NICU.  I will forever be grateful for his advice, wisdom, and generosity. While it breaks our hearts that he will not be down here on Earth to see his grandson Jacob and our kids grow up we are comforted that they have a pretty great angel above looking down on them.  I pray that we are able to pass along a fraction of great qualities that Dr. Chris possessed to our children.


No comments:

Post a Comment