June 6, 2014

dress rehearsal

Tonight I became a stage mom. I had a quick lesson on stage mom rules and behavior. I was excited and the kids were excited for the tech rehearsal and then we quickly learned what the tech rehearsal was all about. Not having been a stage performer I had no idea how long tech rehearsal can draaaaaaaggggg on. We started at 5 and at 7:30 they were still on act 2. I learned that the tech rehearsal is where they put the tape down and you practice nailing your marks. It is now Em's bedtime and we haven't done her tech rehearsal as she is in act 3 and she has been stuck backstage for over 2 and half hours. I played as many games as I could think of and colored but they were starting to loose it as were their mommies. Finally at 8:45 act 3 went on. I told the girls to nail it so we could go home. Thankfully they did great and we practiced it a few times. They let us go home without staying for the final dress rehearsal with make-up. I can only imagine what time the older girls went home. I hope I can handle being a performer's mom - this is hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment