April 20, 2014

Happy Easter


I'm pretty sure sleeping in will never happen AGAIN!!! The kids were up and in our bed at 5:00. I managed to talk them into snuggling with us until 6:00 and then there was no containing them. They were so excited to go find their baskets, open the last of their resurrection eggs, and then hunt eggs. Thankfully the baskets and the GIANT popcorn machine we got kept them inside another hour. The neighbors owe me big time that I managed to keep them indoors for another hour.
We managed to get all of that above done, eat bunny pancakes, and get all ready for church by 8:30. Funny thing is we thought there was no way we could make it to the early service and planned to go to the 9:45. My crew proved me wrong.
After church we headed to Grandma and Grandpa's for an egg hunt and yummy lunch. The kids had so much fun looking for eggs in Grandma and Grandpa's new backyard.

After much bribing (okay maybe a little threatening) we managed to get them all lay down for a nap. I'm not sure if they napped but at least they were quiet. We went up to Nonie and Papa' for a delicious and fun Easter dinner. The kids and adults were spoiled by Nonie, Papa, Grammy, and Uncle J and Aunt Cory. The kids had such a great time flying their kites and playing with bubbles all while the adults sat outside and enjoyed the beautiful weather and view.

No comments:

Post a Comment