October 21, 2013

The sweetest sound

Well what one considers the sweetest sound, another I guess considers it nails on a chalkboard. Today I was hanging out with the kids in the backyard. The kids were running around playing, swinging, chasing one another. We were relishing the beautiful weather before winter arrives. The kids were laughing and playing so nicely that I thought I would take advantage and sit back and do some reading until I was rudely interrupted by one of my neighbors. I was shocked and stunned to hear someone yell for my kids to stop screaming. I was so shocked I didn't know what to say back. I'm still trying to figure who it is??? Funny thing is of all our outside playing I thought this was the most tame. Yes, they weren't silent but they were outside playing. Not sure what proper etiquette is in this situation. When the kids are screaming or popping their heads over the fence to yell at neighbor Bill I quickly silent them. All I have to say is I secretly can't wait for Movie Night on Saturday evening when we have about 20 kiddos and their parents outside watching a movie under the stars. I'm sure they are going to be loving us. Would it be too much for me to place a nice note with earplugs in their mailboxes and warn them of Saturday? 

No comments:

Post a Comment