October 21, 2013

40th Anniversary Celebration

Tonight we had the family over to celebrate my Mom and Dad. 
Next Sunday they will be celebrating their anniversary in Monterey where they honeymooned staying at none other than Pebble Beach. This has been a surprise I have been working on for sometime. They were making me panic when they started planning a trip, but it all worked out. After the emotional roller coaster of a year my mom and dad have been on this year with more downs than ups with Dad fighting cancer and my mom fighting for her job, I wanted something special. As long as I can remember Dad's #1 on his bucket list has been to play Pebble Beach. There have been a few times when things have gotten in the way. Well with a break in treatment and with it only being a week away it looks like with the help of my Aunt, Uncle, and Grandma their wish is coming true. 
Since they will be gone next weekend we got the family together to celebrate today.  We were lucky to have Aunt Sue my Mom's honorary older sister and matron of honor in her wedding join us. Uncle Jon, Aunt Rachel, and the sweetest baby ever, my niece Esther were here. The kids  LOVE Esther and love making her smile and laugh. 
The kids had a blast playing in the backyard counting stars with Aunt Rachel . Still not sure what number they decided on. :) 
And while they were counting I was busy getting my baby fix. It was a beautiful evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment