July 26, 2015

Seven


Holy smokes - How can I have seven year old twins???? I still am in denial. Today we celebrated their big day with a birthday party at Build A Bear, frozen yogurt, and then a family bash at home. It was still very weird for me to not have a big party at home and I was waiting for one of them to get upset about the party situation after they really understood it and guess what... I was right! After birthday donuts Caden was upset that "his" party was the next day. We managed to squelch the frustration and move on.
Emmeline brought her bestie Addyson, her cousin Esther (Ruth was there, but was much more into sleeping), Layla, and then the boys Jack, Caden, and Wyatt were there. They all had a blast and it was much cuter than I thought. Emmeline and Addyson had to pick the same thing and it had to be the weirdest, wildest stuffed animal I have ever seen. We left the mall headed for fro yo and then we celebrated with our family. Emmeline and Caden had all of their cousins there.We have yet to get a photo of all of them together, but we will get one of these days. The kids had a blast playing with all the family and friends and eating their dinner choice tri tip, hot dogs, and mac n cheese. We ended the night with dessert and boy was there a lot to pick from. Emmeline REALLY wanted a rainbow cake. Which after just coming home from vacation and the 100 degree heat was not an easy task. We managed to get the layer cake done. I can not even begin to tell you how much sugar and butter I used to frost that thing. Caden was in heaven I made chocolate cupcakes and then he had his favorite Grammy's Oreo pie. It really is everyone's favorite and so easy. Thanks Gram for making it for him.
After that sugar high we managed to get them in bed to rest up for Chuck E. Cheese the next day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment