July 9, 2015

Lemonade Stand

I am a very proud mom of 3 crazy kids. Today I was so proud of Emmeline. She came home from Vacation Bible School on fire to serve others. I was so moved. We were throwing around ideas and she decided that she really wanted to make something for kids in hospitals. We were thinking of what we could do and then I remembered the dolls we had in the NICU when they were born. I explained the concept of the scent doll and how I would wear it on me while we were in the NICU or bring one home and sleep with it and swap it out when we returned the next day. The nurses would then put the dolls on babies or in the isolate when the moms would leave. She loved the idea of making those for the babies in the hospital and how special that it is something she had when she was little.   She even helped me sew up a mock one to show. I wasn't sure how much she was listening and if she really understood the concept, but she did so amazing. I was so proud of her explaining to people what the dolls were going to be used for and how she was going to use the money to buy fabric. She worked so hard at her stand. We cleaned up and went over the money collected and she made enough to make about 34 dolls possibly more if fabric is on sale. I told her I would match each doll we make. It looks like we better get sewing and stuffing!!! I love her heart and I was thinking I would like to expand on her idea and add a little journal and hand lotion to the bags to give the moms. I remember having a million thoughts and questions and it was nice to jot them down. I also remember my hands feeling like sandpaper from all the sanitizer and hand washing. I good lotion was   a must. Her goal is to get these all done and delivered by her birthday so it looks like I will be doing a lot of sewing and very little blogging. So proud of you Emmeline Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment