July 26, 2015

Good Bye

Today we said good bye to one of the sweetest families I know.

We have only known them for a year, but I feel like they have been around forever. We are sure going to miss seeing them at church, school, and CFA. I know they will do amazing things in Japan while they are there. Thanks to amazing technology the kids are very excited to Skype with them and type emails. It was sad to say good bye and for the kids to not really understand how far away they will be. Caden had such a sweet connection with Eli that he hasn't made with anyone else at church. I pray they can keep up a long distance friendship. 
At bedtime I tucked in my kiddos and we said good bye to my six year olds. When they wake up in the morning they will be 7!!!! How can that be? Every moment of that day is still fresh in my mind. It was a day that changed me forever. 
Normally at this time I'm running around doing finishing touches for their party. Tonight I was finishing the never ending like of laundry and vacation stuff. The twins decided they didn't want a big at home birthday party. I'm kind of heartbroken. It just doesn't feel the same. I drew the line and said no to store bought cakes. I could only give up so much. Fingers crossed they want a home party for #8! 

No comments:

Post a Comment