August 25, 2015

Bee Stings

Emmeline suffered her very first bee sting and the crazy thing is that it happened of all places inside our house! I heard a scream and came in to find her crying and hopping up and down. I happened to glance down and see a bee on the ground and put two and two together. The poor thing was miserable and I was kind of a mess trying to figure out what to do. I have never been stung by a bee so I turned to the internet for research and help. The first thing it told me to do was remove the stinger. Her poor foot was swelling up and turning red and I had no idea what the stinger looked like to try and remove it. I kind of assumed it wasn't in there and I talked her into a bath to soak it out just in case. A little bit of benadryl and ice  and she was golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment