June 14, 2015

Day 5

Daddy is gone at football camp and I'm not going to lie I was slightly nervous for day 5. They warned us day 2 and 5 were bad. They nailed it on day 2. It was awful. I'm going to say day 4 was a nightmare compared to day 5. I may or may not have losed it during medicine and when he wouldn't take his meds loaded all the kids in the car and starred the car and told him we were driving to the hospital and they would put in an iV. Thankfully he didn't call my bluff and in the car took his medicine. If he didn't take it I probably would have dropped him off at the hospital and let the nurses deal with it. 
Day 5 he slept until 11 am. He woke up not wanting to take medicine and wanting food. That was a pretty good sign. Ice cream for breakfast and lunch hit the spot.
Once he had some calories in him he was a little better to have a discussion with. I told him he was a big boy and he could choose to not take his meds, but if it starts to hurt he needs to be big and take it right away without a fight. He went the whole day with no meds which meet no fights. He even gobbled down a bowl of noodles with butter for dinner. I'd say day 5 was cake. Let's hope the remainder of his recovery is as easy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment