February 14, 2014

Surf and Turf

Today I am one lucky girl! I got to start the day off with my 3 little loves and my big love. I had no school  today and I was able to go help out in Caden and Emmeline's class. What a fun time I had making things and helping all the kids pass out and read their valentines. It kind of made me miss teaching kindergarten. We picked up Jackson and had a yummy lunch followed by some much needed quiet time to get ready for our special evening. The kids woke up to a decorated table all ready for a Valentine's Day dinner celebration. Our best friends the DeTars came over along with Nonie. Poor Papa had to work a basketball game - I did my best to save him a plate, but he got left with very little after the guys got started. The kids dined on heart shaped pizza, watched a movie, and played while us adults had a feast. The DeTars brought the most amazing Kobe steak and carrot dish and we supplied crab, lobster, and some sides. It was AMAZING and I am oh so thankful that I planned my juice fast to end on this day. We wrapped up a fantastic dinner and conversation with some homemade pizzookie and oreo ice cream pie from Gram. It was a super fun night with great company. I am already looking forward to our next Valentine's Day dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment