October 8, 2012

Shots

From my last post I mentioned that I was pleasantly surprised to have no school on Monday. I thought to myself what is a Mom to do on a no school or work day? For some reason I thought it would be a great day to go get all of our flu shots. At the moment it  seemed logical and reasonable. I was sure there wouldn't be much of a line and we don't have to show up on a Saturday. As I am standing in line with three munchkins and just myself I got to thinking that this probably wasn't my smartest move. Being a coach's wife I had a game plan all set; Mommy gets that shot first to show them it would be fine and that way by kid number 3 we could bolt and not wait. As soon as we made it to the front of the line the nurse looked at me with pity and ushered me into a room instead of the hallway where they were giving shots. Bless her heart for helping me contain the troops. Well, the nurse had a different game plan and after lots of bribing and a trip to the toy store we all have our flu shots and very sore arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment