August 27, 2012

Happy 85th

Yesterday we celebrated GG's birthday with some Hawaiian style. My Grandma has so many special memories of Hawaii. She was stationed there, met and married my Grandpa there. She had one of her babies there and ended up being stationed there again.
It was so much fun planning the big surprise celebration. My family LOVES surprise parties and during the planning Chris kept telling me to NEVER throw one for him. I think that is really just asking for one right?!?!
Back to the party- it was a beautiful night with lovely weather. It was super special that we were able to get my Grandma's siblings to fly out for the special event. Aunt Charlene and my cousin Ann flew out from Virginia and my Great Uncle George flew out from the family farm. It was a pretty big deal that we were able to get him to leave the farm. ;-)
What a  fun evening celebrating  a really special person in my life. I am so blessed to live so close to her. I love my Tuesday evening "dinner date" with her and I LOVE that my kids get to know their GG.
Happy 85th Birthday Grandma!!!


One of the funniest and sweetest moments of the night. Watching my Dad and brother learn to hula. It was pretty cute.

And then she stole the show. She was soooo excited to go up and learn to dance. It was PRECIOUS!
My Saturday morning creation. I will be posting a tutorial over at Teaspoons and Twine.

No comments:

Post a Comment