July 10, 2012

Little Miss Independent

Today was a super busy, but fun day. Today I got a little taste of what my life is going to be like in a few years. Emmeline and Caden both had playdates scheduled within a half hour of one another and of course they weren't near by one another.
After dropping off Emmeline and almost all the way to Caden's destination I realized that Emmeline got dressed all by herself today and I didn't double check. And sure enough when we got home Emmeline informed me that she forgot to but on panties. And of course she was wearing a dress. Yes, today I became on of those moms who I once thought "how can your child show up at school with no underwear on?"
After she fixed her first issue she went and got the mail to discover an American Girl catalog. Talk about timing... It just happens to be a few weeks before her birthday. After pointing to just about every doll, I realized the days of inexpensive dolls for Christmas and birthdays probably just went out the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment