July 26, 2012

Happy 4th Birthday

Happy Birthday to my beautiful, smart, funny, inquisitive, and energetic Caden and Emmeline. I can hardly wrap my mind around the fact that two of you are four years old. I remember the day the two of you were born like it was yesterday. Every little detail is still cemeneted in my memory. I can still hear the beeps from the NICU monitors and picture the dimly lit rooms. And I can still remember the creaking sound the rocking chairs would give off. We spent so many hours in those chairs; staring, crying, sleeping, and our favorite holding the two of you.
The weeks we spent in the NICU were difficult, but we learned so much. We learned we had a long road ahead of decision making and the decisions we had to make impacted two beautiful, little babies. Talk about the weight of the world on our shoulders. We  learned we are much stronger than we thought and we learned so much about the two of you.

We love watching you grow. We love how we look at the world differently now because the two of you are in it. We are so proud of the two of you and love you both so much.
Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment