March 13, 2014

Moms Gone Wild

Tonight was our monthly night out with some of my favorite ladies and amazing mamas. We decided to try out Tahoe Joe's happy hour. I happened to grab a table with 5 minutes left of happy hour. Getting anywhere on time or early seems near impossible with our crazy schedule. While waiting for the ladies I ran into an old high school friend that both Chris and I know. I haven't seen Jim since my freshman year in college. It was so great to catch up and it was super funny to hear him tell stories about Chris...Ummm I mean Sandy. I wish the kids were there. I think it would have been so cute for them to hear the stories and to hear that their daddy's nickname was Sandy. Jim happened to be there for work. He is a beer rep for Sierra Nevada - tough job right???? He took off after most of the ladies came to get some work done, but came back to the table later with gifts. I knew Chris would be so sad that he was missing seeing Jim and lets not kid ourselves the free beer so Jim sent us home with some fun Sierra Nevada hats and beer cozies. I think Jim as feeling a little left out in the girl conversation about bedtimes, potty training, laundry, and the dreaded morning routine so he came back to the table with a shot for each of us. Oh my goodness!!!!! It was a weeknight, I'm near 40, I hadn't eaten all day, and it has been at least 15 years since I did shots. We all said cheers and downed it. Needless to say it was  long night. We ended up closing the restaurant and bar hours later after great conversation and making sure we were all okay to drive home. I always love our monthly get together and thankfully we didn't end up getting too crazy and starting a new show Moms Gone Wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment