September 18, 2013

Mommy Don't Say That

I often avoid going to our mailbox to get the mail.  I can be fairly certain that the only thing that will greet me are bills and ads. I guess my rational is that if I don't go and get the mail it will magically go away. Sadly that doesn't work. Twice a month we are greeted to a mailbox full of these.
Each one of these is a bill from Kaiser for Caden's therapy. We cringe when we collect the pile. Personally  I think if they could figure out a better billing system than mailing us a bill for each session when they all arrive on the same day our payment could be lowered, but what do I know. I secretly wish I would have saved instead of shredding the bills for the past year - what a photo that would have been. 
As crazy and confusing as their billing system is we would pay 100 times what we do for the Easter Seals services. It has been worth every penny to see Caden grow and excel this past year. I love people who haven't seen him in a while comment on what a different kid he is. The girls who work with him are an amazing team and an answer to much prayer. They have not only helped Caden, but have been so helpful with Emmeline understanding some situations with Caden and with helping me handle some difficult battles. 
Today we learned that the amazing Miss Charity is getting a new job and leaving Easter Seals. I cried when she told us and I'm crying again as I type this. I was choked up and emotional as we talked to Caden about it. He kept saying, "mom don't say that," when we were explaining that she is getting a new job. BROKE MY HEART! He loves his Miss Charity even when she pushes him and challenges him. We are forever thankful for all that she has done for Caden this past year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment