June 28, 2013

I feel the need...

The need for speed. Today we ventured to beautiful, hot Stockton for my Dad's birthday/Father's Day gift from the group. I am really curious as to why Stockton is getting all the big name exciting events like this and Sesame Street Live? Anyways, it was a beautiful 90 degrees at 9 o'clock in the morning and we decided to go sit in metal bleachers and cheer on some of our favorite drivers. The boys had to attend a driving class, were offered a chance to buy extra insurance, and had to wear fire retardant suits at that point we were all a little nervous for them and I think secretly they were too. It ended up being a lit of fun. You know the saying boys with their toys, well my brother gave us a few heart attacks as he would fly around the corners and my Dad felt the need to scare us as he was passing people. Gabe DeTar had to be the real bad boy of the group and failed to exit the race track when he was told. I guess he thought he was doing his victory lap. And we were all white knuckled as we watched my Uncle fly around the race track with a pro at what the pro guessed was 160 MPH. 
It was a fun morning and we were all so thankful that we had early race times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment