June 30, 2013

448 Deodara

Well today we leave for Aruba. As excited as I am, I am emotionally a wreck. I can't believe I am leaving my 3 babies behind. Last time we did this there were only two and we came back with a surprise and he is the cutest surprise ever! Today is also the last time I will be at my Grandma's house. I am so emotional about this move. It is weird that my parents are moving and leaving the only house we were raised in, but it is hard to wrap my mind around the fact that my grandma will not be at her house. Last weekend my  cousins were in town and we had our "last meal" there and of course we had potato pancakes. I know that the tradition will live on at the new house, but it will be different. We snapped some pictures of the house for some memories. My Uncle gave a great speech that the memories will always live on in our hearts, but we are all choked up hearing my grandma talk about how my grandpa's fingerprints are all over in that house. As much as it breaks my heart to see her pack up and move, I am thankful that my mom and dad will be there 24/7 to care for her and that she will not be so lonely. I am going to miss 448 Deodara but I am excited to make some new memories at the new house. Below are some snapshots from last weekend.
The girls in the kitchen. I can remember so many Thanksgivings, Christmas dinners, Easter, and family dinners where the girls would clean up while the guys watched football and chatted.

Probably the thing I will miss the most is walking in Grandma's front door and seeing her peek around the corner from her chair to see who was coming in. And then I was always greeted with a "Hello Sweetheart." I love that corner. I love seeing her reading in that chair and seeing her Bible always next to her on the table.
The famous Green Shag carpet


My other favorite spot - sitting on the front porch talking with Grandma. Going to miss the porch and all the memories of my Grandpa and his buddies taking a break from working on cars there.


No comments:

Post a Comment