December 8, 2016

Old Saint Nick

 Much to the confusion of my kiddos we rushed out of school and changed into some Christmas jammies in the van eager for a surprise. They thought I was crazy until they spotted their cousins Hailey and Jailynn in pj's too. We lucked out and got to Santa's workshop before the rush. In fact since no one was behind us in line they let us spend A LOT of time with Santa - maybe too much! Caden started asking questions. That boy I think is putting things together. This year he wouldn't let me read his letter to Santa because why would I need to read it and today when Santa asked what he wanted he said,"Santa, I sent you a letter. You should know." YIKES!!!
The kids finally got settled and we snapped some cute pictures. I am betting by next year Hailey and Jailynn are totally going to know what is going on.
After pictures I took Caden to go buy some toys for the Toy Drive. We have been working on things to do to fill our Giving Manger and hearing what the kids have done and what they want to do just makes my heart explode. We had already donated toys to the fire station, but Caden knew they were collecting toys at his school for a family. He was so sweet and really thought about what certain things kids those ages would want. He has the sweetest heart. He also politely pointed out things that perhaps he might like too.

No comments:

Post a Comment