October 19, 2015

Good deed

Today we dressed as pirates and got way more donuts from Krispy Kreme then we could ever imagine eating. We decided we should drop them off to police station along with some coffee to thank them for their service. Our good deed backfired and it is probably the last time we Tahoe something to the police station. Don't get me wrong we are still so appreciative of them, but he asked Jack if he wanted to police officer when he grew up? In the back of my head. I was thinking this might happen and I should prep the boys for this question, but I didn't. Jack answered... No, I want to be a firemen. Ughhhh.... I wanted to go hide as he said it. The police officer then told the boys, " I know firefighters get to set around and play X Box all day long." SERIOUSLY -DID HE JUST SAY THAT?!?! Of course Caden heard him say it and guess what I I know have two boys who want to be fire fighters. After a few days of both the boys telling everyone insight that they want to be fire fighters because they play X Box all day I sat the boys down and read some books and had a talk with them. We went over how none of the books show firemen playing video games at work and  how we didn't see any at the station. Then I had to explain that the police officer wasn't telling the truth and was just joking around. I'm hoping the boys understand and I hope police officers can have a little better public relations with fire fighters in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment