January 20, 2014

A New Angel

Today we enjoyed our extra day off with a busy morning of dentist appointments for the kids, a tour of the Jelly Belly Factory, and my favorite Chuck E. Chesse. I endure Chuck E Cheese twice a year and twice a year only. The kids know we go as a special treat after the dentist. After naps had by all we headed to Wesley's house to play. We came home to sad news. Our dear friend and an amazing woman of God went to be with The Lord. God has an incredible new angel. She was an amazing example of God's love and grace. I am so thankful for her and her husband. They had a passion to minister to newleyweds. They opened their home and hearts to us for a weekly bible study. She was there to pray with me when I suffered my first painful miscarriage. She always seemed to know what to pray for and a verse to give. She fought the most courageous and faith filled battle of cancer. She always gave it all to Him. She had a remarkable story of her cancer disappearing. The doctors couldn't explain it. It breaks my heart that this happened so suddenly, but I thank God that he gave her a reprieve from pain to spend some extra time here on Earth with her family before he called her to be with him. I pray for comfort for everyone who knew Lisa and especially for her husband, Bruce and her girls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment