August 9, 2013

Two Amazing Men


 Today  I get to write about two incredible men.
The first is my amazing husband. Today we get to celebrate him turning 36! I am blessed to be married to an amazing man who is the best daddy around to our 3 kiddos.
The same day that we get to celebrate my hardworking husband, we lost one of the kindest men I have ever met. I still remember meeting Coach Green and being intimidated by the largest man I have ever see, but after receiving my first hug from the 6 foot 8 inch, 400 pound man I learned he was a giant teddy bear. His smile and laugh were infectious. He welcomed me to the Bulldog family and was a sight to see on the sidelines. I always felt better seeing him down on the field. I knew to look for him before kick off. He would give a talk to the boys and I would never turn down a post game hug. As much as I loved his devotion to all things Black and Orange and I loved hearing him on the sidelines, I LOVED hearing him in January recite Dr. Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream" speech. It was simply moving. I remember bringing the twins one year and I wished they were older to really focus on him and his words. I told myself that when they are older I would pull them from school one day so they could hear the moving speech. It breaks my heart that they won't be able to hear him recite it, but thankful that they had the chance to meet him. It was moving to see the crowd at the high school that all came because they were touched in some way by Coach Green. It was heartbreaking to see my husband, other coaches and kids look lost- not knowing what to do now. I have to say I am not looking forward to that first Friday night without Greener, but how cool is it to think about Z and Greener up there watching down on the boys. 


No comments:

Post a Comment