April 20, 2013

A bright shade of red

Today I had my most embarrassing parenting moment and it is fitting that it happened to take place at Walmart. Walmart is a place I try and avoid and I especially try to avoid it with the kids. Every time I go, I get a little ego boost and a few lessons in ineffective parenting. Well today I needed a few random things and instead if dragging the kids to a bunch of stores I thought we would hit Walmart. I figured it was still early and it might not be too bad yet. While shopping I agreed that Caden could play with his new DS he got for Easter. The Easter bunny brought him a refurbished one. I thought it would be nice he could work to play with it and while we are shopping it could keep him busy. He was playing around with it and found a new area we the adults didn't know it had. Apparently the DS holds music and the previous owner didn't listen to Raffi or Dr. jean or anything clean. Caden pressed the button and I kid you not the first two words in the song were m$&@*r f&@ker. My eyes were huge and I was panicking trying to figure out how to get it to turn off. I am sure I was bright shade of red. I tried to act calm because I didn't want Caden to get a reaction from hearing those words. So today I was that parent at Walmart. I have never been so embarrassed. I think today I can say will be my last visit to Walmart.

No comments:

Post a Comment