January 4, 2013

Expiration Date

Milk and medicine are both things that have expiration dates that make sense.  To tell someone how much longer they have baffles me. I don't really understand how a doctor comes up with the number? We were slightly discouraged by the news from my Dad's surgery. It definetly wasn't what we wanted them to come out and say, but we are not letting it get us down. Later in the day a doctor came in and gave my Dad (who was still on an assortment of pain meds still) a really good pep talk. I am not sure how much my Dad remembers, but it was what I needed to hear. To sum it up he said that there is no expiration date stamped on his forehead. I needed to hear that and remember that. It really is just a number and that only the One above knows when are day on Earth is done. We are looking forward to a lot more crazy Crawford holidays, birthdays, and chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment