December 14, 2012

My heart aches

Monday thru Friday I leave my house to go teach 30 kindergartners. It is chaotic in my house EVERY morning, but I never leave without giving them a hug, kiss, and an I love you. Well if it is Caden it is a hug, kiss, go dogs, high 5, punch knucks, and go dogs. Yes, really that is his good-bye routine and there is no going around it.
Go to work sad to not be with my kids all day, but honored that 30 parents trust me and respect me enough to nurture, mold, and encourage their child. As hard as it is to leave my own kids I have believe they are learning some good lessons in my working.
Today too many moms and dads dropped their kids off at school thinking they would see them in just a few hours. There are no words for what happened today or the pain the parents and first responders are experiencing. My heart just aches. I think of my class of sweet 5 and 6 year olds and still can't wrap my mind around the evil that took place today. I pray for the families, the responders, and for all the innocent children who also survived. Kids are taught that school is a safe place to be. How do those kids handle walking in those doors again?
Tonight I gave my kids an extra hug, snuggle, and kiss tonight. May they always feel my love and feel God's protection and love on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment