December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas! What a magical day it was! I have longed for the Christmas where the kids woke up, walked out to see new bikes next to the tree. It was so exciting and in my excitement I forgot to snap a picture - pretty sure Dad videotaped it. Emmeline was so excited. She said, "it is just what I wanted." Priceless moment. Santa's sleigh was full because he also had a bike for Caden, scooter, and a battery operated race car that Jackson could sit in.
After the excitement of the bikes the kids did my favorite gift. We have a tradition that the first present we open is Baby Jesus. They look for the special box, unwrap him, and then we place him in the manager in our nativity set. This year Emmeline led a special version of Happy Birthday Jesus. It is the sweetest thing.
After that the craziness began. The kids did really well. Emmeline got it this year, Caden and Jackson were both fascinated by their first gifts that they were content to be done. Emmeline thoroughly enjoyed helping them open their other gifts. And last they exchanged the gifts that they went shopping for each other. Caden blew me away. He really put a lot of thought into his gift and was so sweet passing it out. Warms my heart. It was such a wonderful Christmas. I can't imagine how we can ever top this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment