August 19, 2016

We survived!

The mama, the kindergartener, and two second graders all survived day 1. There were a few bumps and one heart breaking accident but we did it! Jack still wasn't thrilled to go in the morning. He door pictures were enough to break my heart. 
The older two totally rocked theirs. 
Off we went with a happy rock in our pocket. Thanks Auntie Cari for the 
idea! It was setting in for Jack and he still wasn't having it. I think I have to remember this pic for his senior page. 
We got him line with tears in my eyes and I reminded him of his special rock in his pocket. He stayed in line and walked in - not without giving us an "I can't believe you are doing this to me look." 
I so wanted to be that parent that stayed around and peeked in the window. Thankfully I had two others to get to class. They were so excited to see their teacher and classroom. It's going to be a great year for them. 
At pick up I can report that Jackson got a train ticket for best behavior and was quick to call out the kid on day 1 that didn't. Best part... He is excited to go back tomorrow to see where the gingerbread boy is. I hope this lasts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment