August 18, 2016

'Twas the day before the first day of kindergarten

Jackson was less then thrilled to go to kindergarten orientation. He was then really less thrilled when his sister nicely told him that now he will be going to school everyday like them. He quickly realized no more just mommy and Jackson excursions and activities while the twins are at school. He ripped at all my heartstrings when he wouldn't willingly line up with his class to practice. I had to put him in line and rip him off my side. To see my comedian kid with his head down crying broke me. In his room he told me was nervous....ugh was officially now a wreck. He thought his preschool buddies would be in his class and was sad he didn't know anyone. He wouldn't talk to his teacher and wouldn't let me take any pictures of him. It was a very bad orientation compared to his brother and sister. I don't remember it being this hard did them perhaps because they always had each other. Breaks my heart for Jack.
The one picture I managed to get which Jack quickly said, "delete that Mom!"
And leaving orientation we headed to see Papa at the high school and we even got to park in the new parking lot. 
When we got home Jack was playing nicely and then I saw him come out and keep touching his nose. I finally asked if his nose itched and he told me that he las something in there. Silly me I was thinking a booger but he informed me it was Lego! I'm not sure if this was an attempt to get out of schooling to school but it scared this Mama. Looking up there I couldn't see it which made me even more nervous. Since his breathing seemed fine I turned to Google for help and it turns out I'm not the first parent to deal with this issue. After a few different strategies we managed to get it out without a trip to the doctor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment