May 1, 2016

Track Star

I don't think I have ever seen her shine at school as I did today. She loves school but it's not as easy for her as her brother. Today was her day.  The doors opens when the bell rang and she couldn't wait to tell me about her Olympic event. Apparently the school is counting down to the Olympics and they are having events to get ready. She was asked to run the long distance race. She took first place and even beat the boys which she was so excited to mention. I was so proud of her and then as we waked everyone was giving her high 5's and telling her good job. I assumed she beat the first graders and then we saw the Prinicpal and other older kids and they said she beat EVERYONE! She was so proud of herself. Everyone also mentioned she smoked them all and almost lapped them. I guess a boy took off and was running fast and lost his juice. This was a great lesson we were trying to drill into her that slow and steady wins the race. So proud of her. I have a feeling that we will be at a lot of track events in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment