May 1, 2016

Surprise!

I'm a big sucker for surprise parties and I was all over it since it was a surprise birthday and retirement part for my Aunt Jody. Weekends are crazy around here with swim and baseball but I was determined we would get there. We arrived a little too close to the arrival time and was able to walk in just behind her. It was a fantastic evening for an amazing aunt. I always thought she was amazing and the mist kind person I know. Turns out I wasn't alone. It was so neat to hear so many great stories about her. The cousins had a blast playing together and us adults had a great time digging through old photos. I found this article from years ago when my aunt won teacher of the year. Of course she never bragged about it, but I have to say reading this article I was in awe of her responses. She is so humble and inspiring. I only wish she would have been my teacher too! Happy birthday and happy retirement to my amazing aunt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment