February 26, 2013

Monday, Wednesday, Friday

It is pretty crazy the things we do for our children. Yesterday I took the kids to preschool and then checked in at 8:30 to get my number for preschool registration that was taking place the next day at 8:00. Yes, I typed that correctly the next day and mind you these are the same two who already go there and they were on the wait list since they were 4 months old.
They changed some rules and now you only have to stay on campus you don't have to sit in line. Second, your number must be with you on site at all times. There were frequent checks by Miss Margaret that we were all following the rules. It ended up being a beautiful day. I was able to pop open the back of the cSn and sit and get some report cards done. My bestie stopped by with a cute visitor and a Starbucks treat. My Dad brought me a delicious sandwich. I ended up chatting with another mom who was all doing the day shift and then switching off with her husband. We ended up making it a party. There happened to be a load of sand that got dumped for the playground in the parking lot so the kids when they were finished with class came and hung out. We had a little baseball game and BBQ in the parking lot. One dad was pretty brilliant and brought a motorhome. We really made the best of it and had a pretty fun night.
Daddy took the nightshift and managed to stay in the motorhome. Papa came by early to switch off so Daddy could get a shower and coffee before finishing off his shift.
At 8:15 I got the all important text that both kiddos got into the M,W,F morning class - SUCCESS!
Few notes for next time:
Bring lanterns or flashlights it gets dark fast .
Plan to BbQ with some of the other families. It was a fun way to get to know the other crazy parents who will do anything for their kids.
Bring a phone charger.
Last talk to the guy next door of the school and see if you can pay him $20 for the day to tap into his WIFI.

It was a blast and I think I found my new profession. We have this down. People can pay us to stand in line for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment