February 18, 2013

3 Day Weekends

I love 3 day weekends. Sad to think that it is back to reality tomorrow while Daddy gets to stay home for the rest of the week. I am beyond jealous. We ended our long weekend with a fun play date with a few friends from preschool. It was nice to see the kids play with some of their school friends and I really enjoyed chatting away with some really sweet moms from school. Huge topic of conversation is the upcoming preschool registration for next year. I need to get my act together and get a schedule set up for us to camp out. Lucky us we have lots of family near by that perhaps we can bribe to camp out for us or take turns watching the kids.
I ended the afternoon with a great coffee date with a dear friend from junior high. Isn't so cool that so many of us stayed close by and have stayed connected? What is even cooler is that we have kids that are close in age that can hang out together! I am so amazed at my dear friend. She is so strong and I know she will tackle this next phase of her life with grace, strength, and beauty.
I have to share a project that I am working on. While I should be working on little man's second birthday that is 2 weeks away - YIKES, instead I was working on a little bedroom makeover. I figure the kids had their rooms redone or spruced up it was my turn. While we don't have much money it is amazing what you can do with a few cans of spray paint. I spray painted our bookcase, in the process of painting a new desk, and scored for a great deal to vintage/shabby chic nightstands from Katie. Katie finds the best furniture! I am thinking I want to paint our dressers because I am not seeing new furniture in our future, but it will need to wait until after the birthday.
It was a pretty productive and fun weekend, but now it is crunch time to get ready for our Sesame Street party.

No comments:

Post a Comment