February 12, 2015

Not for the weak

Raising kids and especially a daughter is not for the weak. WOW... is all I can say. It is heartbreaking to see your 6 year old so up in arms and torn up over things at such a young age. It really is incredible the difference between boys and girls. My boys don't seem to notice much of anything, but Emmeline is very quick to pick up on what others have and what she lacks. It kills me to see her compare herself and find herself not smart enough and unworthy. We have also come to hear A LOT OF WHINING which is starting to drive us all CRAZY! We are trying to ignore it as I think it is a way that she is exploring to get attention. I felt like Emmeline needed some special time with us and then I thought  a Daddy Daughter Date would be even better. She was so excited that she was going to have special time with Daddy and he even brought her flowers. It melted my heart to see her so excited. I tell you if it is this hard at 6 I don't want to imagine the teen years. I am praying daily on how to help her and I am actively searching for  a great book for myself and her on how to handle all these feelings she has. I'm guessing the Bernstein Bears must a have book about all this - they have a book for EVERYTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment