August 14, 2014

First Day of Kindergarten


I have to warn you this post is going to be have picture overload and a few tears shed by this mama. The kids woke up super early and were so excited for the big day. It was nice that we were not stressing out running late, but I am hoping tomorrow they decide to sleep past 6 A.M.
Emmeline admitted that she was a little nervous, but the butterflies seemed to quickly fade when she saw her good friend Addyson and her teacher. Caden found the Legos yesterday at orientation and decided that kindergarten is going to be great.






And just like that they were off. The teacher had them say good-bye to us outside. I was a wreck! I wasn't expecting that. I guess I assumed that we would get to go in and see them settled. I'll admit it I stuck around a little bit and watched them get their folders out and hang up backpacks and then it was killing me so I looked through the window and took a picture or two. Thankfully Daddy and Jackson were there to help pull me away. 




I was anxious and so excited to pick them up. They came out so excited about school and telling me all about their day. They also proudly showed me their train ticket they earned and all about the little boy who didn't get a train ticket. Wow! Rough first day for that little boy. Let's hope the kids stay motivated to earn their tickets. 
It was a fantastic day and they are so excited for day 2!




No comments:

Post a Comment